Travel and Visa Information
TransportationTransportation will be provided to all participants from Penang International Airport (PEN) to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport for departure from 15 - 21 October 2016. It will take about 30 minutes from the airport to reach the Eastern & Oriental Hotel and other designated hotels which are located at the centre of the city. Shuttle will also be provided to ferry participants from the recommended hotels to the conference venue and to the locations of the social programs. Kindly refer to the list of hotels recommended by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Malaysia which provide special discounted rates for WTC 2016’s participants.
In order to organise this service, participants are requested to complete and return the registration form indicating their arrival, departure and accommodation details at the latest by 30 September 2016.
Visa And Passport RequirementsAll participants entering Malaysia must possess a valid Passport or internationally recognized Travel Document. The document shall be valid, for more than six (6) months from the date of entry into Malaysia.
Commonwealth Countries that Require Visa
|Afghanistan (Visa with reference)||Equat. Guinea*||Myanmar|
|Burundi*||Hong Kong (C.I/D.I)||Serbia Montenegro|
|Central African Republic*||India||Sri Lanka|
|China||Israel**||United Nation (Laissez Passer)|
|Colombia*||Ivory Coast (Cote d'ivoire)*||Western Sahara*|
|Congo Democratic Republic*||Liberia*||Yugoslavia|
- Foreign nationals who require a Visa to enter Malaysia must apply and obtain a Visa in advance at any Malaysian Representative Office abroad before entering the country.
- For the countries marked as (*) are allowed to enter Malaysia by air only.
- Israel citizen** who wish to enter are required Visa and approval from the Ministry Of Home Affairs, Malaysia.
- Visa is not required for a stay of less than one (1) month for ASEAN nationals except Myanmar. Visas are required if duration of stay exceeds one (1) month except for Brunei and Singapore nationals.
Participants are required to complete the Arrival/Departure Card (Imm.26) upon arrival at the gazette entry points. This card is available at any entry point, Malaysian Representative Offices abroad or at travel agencies. Delegates must present his/her passport together with the duly completed arrival/departure card to the Immigration officer on duty and he/she must ensure that the passport or travel document is endorsed with the appropriate pass before leaving the immigration counter.
For more information, please visit the Immigration Department of Malaysia (Ministry of Home Affairs) website at http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/entry-requirements-into-malaysia.html.
Customs Regulations And ProceduresThe Malaysian Customs and Immigration has been informed to facilitate customs and entry procedures for all participants. For further information on Malaysia’s customs regulation, dutiable and prohibited items can be obtained from the nearest Malaysia Embassy or Consulate in your country.
The Customs authorities perform custom inspections after baggage claim on passengers arriving on international flights. During inspection, the passengers are required to submit the completed customs declaration forms which will be provided by the airline staff before landing.
Yellow Fever Vaccination Requirements
- A Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is required from all delegates (Malaysians and foreigners) coming from Africa, South and Central America countries.
- Delegates without a valid Yellow Fever vaccination certificate shall be quarantined upon arrival in Malaysia for a period not exceeding six (6) days.
- The period of validity of an international certificate of vaccination against Yellow Fever is ten (10) years, beginning ten (10) days from the date of vaccination.
- If a person is revaccinated before the end of this period, the validity is extended for a further ten (10) years from the date of vaccination.
- If the revaccination is recorded on a new certificate, delegates are advised to retain the old certificate for ten (10) days until the new certificate becomes valid.
- Yellow Fever certificate is required to be produced upon landing in Malaysia for countries as listed below:
Angola Ghana Sao Tome Principe Brazil Guinea Togo Bolivia Guinea Bissau Tanzania Benin Kenya Uganda Burkina Faso Niger Venezuela Burundi Nigeria Zaire Cameroon Panama Zambia Central African Republic Peru Chad Rwanda Djibouti St. Kitts Nevis Eritrea Sri Lanka Ecuador Suriname Ethiopia Senegal Gabon Sierra Leone Gambia South Africa